AWAI Live Training Events
Attend the AWAI Web Copywriting Intensive and walk away as a working web writer, who knows more about writing online copy that converts than 99% of the people out there.
This is not a conference where you sit back and listen to speaker after speaker. This is a hands-on training program where you will work hard every day with experts to learn the material, and you will be ready to work as an online copywriter for any client by the time you leave.
At AWAI’s 2015 Web Intensive, you won’t JUST learn how to write the lucrative web projects companies are desperate for now. You’ll also …
- Get the rare opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the industry from the most respected web writers and marketers in the business …
- Create a full portfolio then and there … and get your samples professionally critiqued …
- Sit down for a one-on-one meeting with an expert to make sure you move forward fast the minute you get home …
- Create a customized self-marketing plan — including step-by-step instructions on how to land clients …
- And, you’ll even walk away with a live, paid assignment … and your first paycheck, worth up to $2,000!
Where: Austin, Texas
When: February 8–11, 2015
Super Early Bird Registration: Full Price $4,995
If you can snap a simple photograph … you could easily turn your next vacation, your own hometown, and even your pet goldfish … into fast, fun, easy cash. No experience necessary. Join Great Escape Publishing in Portland, OR this Spring and over three fun, engaging, eye-opening days, learn the secrets to taking better pictures and successfully marketing them to newspapers, magazines, and online. Participate in live photo shoots and come away with photos you can sell right away. Plus find out how to use photos to turn your average vacation into a write-off on your taxes.
Where: Portland, Oregon
When: April 19–21, 2015
AWAI’s and Bob Bly’s
Getting Clients Weekend
Weehawken, New Jersey
March 20-22, 2015
Let Bob Bly help you land clients this year, and take your copywriting business to a new level …
You’ll get to leverage Bob’s 36 years of wisdom, experience, secrets, tools, documents and strategies for landing high-paying, top-notch clients.
And when you return home, you’ll have the confidence … Bob Bly-style confidence … to attract and close high-paying clients and enjoy the writer’s life in every aspect for the rest of your days.
In just one weekend, you’ll learn …
- How to successfully target a niche — and land the best clients available in any space that interests you …
- What to do to be ready for business as a top-level copywriter … whether you’re just starting out or need to step things up a bit to get where you want …
- Secret tactics of successful bait pieces and elevator speeches that will make them easy, fun, and profitable for you …
- How to rise above any and all freelance business challenges so you can simply enjoy the rich lifestyle of an established, in-demand copywriter …
- What forms, contracts, and documents you’ll need to support any project or negotiation (PLUS, once he tells you what you need, Bob will GIVE YOU everything – ready to use – straight out of his files) …
- Successful price setting and negotiation for copy fees, royalties, and back-end commissions so you never have to worry about leaving money on the table and you get every penny of what your skills are worth …
- Bob’s personal writing insights and secrets — based on his 36 years in the business — that will help you leap ahead mentally and financially …
There’s more … a lot more … waiting for you in Weehawken this March. When you see the full event agenda, you will be amazed at how flat-out awesome it is … and what it will do for your copy career.
By the time you go home, you will know exactly what to do — and how to do it — when it comes to getting clients. You’ll have a system you can confidently follow that is PROVEN to bring you the clients you want and need.
Where: Weehawken, New Jersey
When: March 20-22, 2015
2,995 $ 2,495
FastTrack to Copywriting Success Bootcamp and Job Fair
Delray Beach, Florida
October 14-17, 2015
Bootcamp is intense and it’s fun. You learn so much about what’s working in copywriting today – and you’ll have a good time too!
Listening to master copywriters … using our peer review process … participating in networking breakfasts … you’ll get feedback on your copywriting career – and make new friends in the process.
A special feature of our annual copywriting conference is the Job Fair where you’ll meet dozens of marketers from top mailers like Nightingale-Conant, Healthier You and The Motley Fool, who are looking to hire AWAI-trained copywriters. In just 3 days you’ll accelerate your copywriting career by …
- Mingling with the MASTERS (both onstage and off).
- Discovering the SECRETS TO SUCCESS in the hottest direct-response areas today.
- Learning how to deliver WINNING PACKAGES offline and online.
- Creating an EASY SECOND INCOME STREAM from your copywriting skills.
- Connecting with actual representatives from dozens of the industry’s biggest direct-response companies and meeting with REAL CLIENTS to find out exactly what they want.
Where: Delray Beach, Florida
When: October 14-17, 2015
Early Bird Registration: $
— Krista J.
“I’ve been to the AWAI Bootcamp for the past two years and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Every year I learn more than the year before. I meet new contacts and greet old friends. But most of all, each year Bootcamp becomes the launching pad for new projects, new clients, and most of all, better copy … Thank you again for an outstanding conference with more high-quality content than I could keep up with!”
— Marcella A.
“By mid-day on day one, I had already gotten my money’s worth. The breadth of the material presented was amazing. I was (and continue to be) blown away by the openness, friendliness and complete availability that the presenters and staff constantly displayed. Where in the world did you find so many experts who are such great teachers and great people?”
— Robert A.
“The best part of the entire experience was the chance to meet the experts. They are knowledgeable, experienced, successful, and very, very generous with what they know. I am confident I can do this.”
— MaryBeth S.
“My first Bootcamp was what really got my career moving. I made tremendous contacts there … I also landed a spec assignment from the Job Fair that turned into a second assignment. And I still go back to the handouts and notes from that Bootcamp … 2-1/2 years later. It’s more than paid for itself several times over.”
— Malcolm S.
Lake Worth, FL
“The thing I enjoy most is getting together with friends I’ve made in the past and forming new friendships. I enjoy a power network of support with the friends I’ve made at each Bootcamp … and that support network gets bigger each year.”
— Vicky H.
“To any fence-sitters out there: If you’re debating the merits of attending AWAI’s Bootcamp, sign up right now. It was, without doubt, the turning point of my graphics/writing career and worth every penny. I met my mentor there, and I made lifetime, quality contacts with both attendees and staff. Go for all the gusto you can get. You only go ’round once in life!”
— Cherie R.
Ft. Myers, FL
“WOO HOO!!! Not the most professional way to begin my note, but I wanted to let you know how excited I am about the results of my first spec assignment from Bootcamp. I submitted my spec assignment to The Taipan Group on November 22nd, and it has already landed me a paying assignment from them! As you can imagine, I’m very excited! Thanks again for a GREAT Bootcamp — the confidence I gained just by being there and rubbing elbows’ with so many experienced copywriters has boosted my career already!”
— Caroline M.
“Several significant things happened to me there in Florida. First of all, I met a number of fellow AWAI members — several who I am now working with. Our collective mission is to more effectively promote our services. To do that, we are drawing on each other’s strengths to create an awesome synergy. I am confident that this effort will bring in clients and money for everyone.
Second, the Job Fair was a smashing success for me. From the contacts that I made there, I was able to pick up 4 brand-new clients and 5 new assignments! Finally, I am now working with one of the speakers from Bootcamp on a project that’s going to be worth enormous wealth to me in the coming years.
I just can’t tell you folks over there at AWAI ‘thank you’ enough. My life has been radically changed for the better! Thank you!”
— Joshua B.
Spanish Fork, UT
“It scares me when I consider where my career might be today if I hadn’t attended my first Bootcamp. My motivation received a huge boost … Just a passing conversation with any one of the people you’ll meet at Bootcamp could light a fire under your career and send your business soaring — as it did for mine.”
— Jim T.
Hopewell Junction, NY
I was also able to connect with many working copywriters … including some of the copywriting ‘masters’ I’d been reading about since joining AWAI. And it was easy, not to mention painless! This level of connection and support can only be found in person through a handshake or a conversation … and for me these opportunities could be found only at an AWAI Bootcamp.”
— Pam F.
“My expectations for the fall Bootcamp were that I’d learn loads, get psyched up, be exhausted by the end, and meet plenty of eager AWAI members, generous seminar leaders and Bootcamp coordinators. I was not disappointed in any of those expectations … What I did not go expecting, even though I’ve read these stories myself, was to walk away with a paid assignment from this Bootcamp … but I did! Networking happens, whether you consciously do it or not (unless you talk to absolutely no one while you’re there). Let it take you where it will, because you’ll be thrilled when it does. And, when you get home and the phone rings the next day with another paid assignment, you can grin, make the deal, then hang up and scream and jump for joy. Go ahead. Expect it all. It happens.”
— Susie H.