Six “Painless” Steps to Having All The Best-Paying B2B Clients You’ll Ever Need
People who work in this niche swear …
There’s no better copywriting job for a new, eager writer than B2B.
It pays well …
There’s endless opportunity …
You don’t have to write a lot of “long” copy or spend months on a project …
The work is interesting and varied …
And whatever your background, there’s a niche of the B2B world where your experience can work for you.
So if B2B is your chosen niche — congratulations. You’ve made an excellent choice.
But if you’re just starting out, getting that all-important first client can be intimidating. You want to know:
- What companies are looking for writers?
- Which niches of the B2B world pay the best?
- What specialty is best for my background?
- And perhaps most importantly: How do I land my first serious client — even if I have very little or no experience at all?
If the issue of clients is the only thing standing between you and a successful six-figure B2B writing career right now, I have some very good news for you …
Getting The B2B Clients You Want is Much Easier Than You Think
The world is full of prospective clients that need a B2B copywriter right now and would hire you in a heartbeat today …
The only problem is, those prospects don’t know you exist …
But, if you can follow a few simple steps, you may never have to cold call or even pick up the phone to get your first job …
They’ll come to you!
I’ll explain more about these steps in a moment.
Fact is, there are just six of them — and you can have your first paying client (and as many as you need or want after that) within a few weeks, just by following them.
In fact, I’ll guarantee it, as you’ll see shortly.
But first …
Meet The Expert Behind Getting B2B Clients
In this new program, Getting B2B Clients: How to Land Great Clients Fast in Just 6 Easy Steps, Steve Slaunwhite will lead you step-by-step through creating a client-attraction system that’s easy for you to manage, is a good fit for your personality and budget, and works very well.
Steve is the perfect person to lead you on this journey because he’s the author of AWAI’s Secrets of Writing High-Performance B2B Copy, he’s helped dozens of copywriters like you build their businesses, and he started exactly where you are today.
When Steve started his business more than 17 years ago, he didn't have a good system in place for attracting great clients consistently. As a result, it was constantly feast or famine for him, meaning he would get a client and do the project, but then that project would be over. Then, he would scramble to find another client.
Steve says he had more than a few of those nights where he would wake up at three o’clock in the morning in a panic wondering: where am I going to get my next paying project? Do I have enough money coming in to pay my bills? How am I going to find my next client?
You really don’t want to do that. It’s not fun.
That’s why Steve developed a method (which he shares in Getting B2B Clients) for getting and attracting great clients consistently …
“Let's face it: learning any new craft can be difficult. But it doesn't always have to be that way. Learning a new skill can be easy AND fun. I know, because for two months, Steve is someone who helped make my copywriting dreams come true. He's an effective copywriting teacher and coach. On top of that, he's personable and makes learning an enjoyable process. If you're on the fence about working with Steve (as a client or as a student), it's time to jump off and call him.”
— Thomas Clifford
“Hiring Steve Slaunwhite as a marketing coach is one of the best investments I've made in my business. He really took the time to understand the value I provided, vastly improved how I marketed my services, and shared practical strategies for reaching out to ideal prospects and turning them into clients. My first call with Steve took place a few weeks before I transitioned into full-time freelance writing, and within four months, I was exceeding my income projections. Not only is he an expert coach, he’s also very personable and clearly cared about my success. I highly recommend his coaching, his books, and his courses!”
— Maggie Holley
“I've taken a number of Steve Slaunwhite's programs as well as worked with him one-on-one. Steve knows his stuff like no one else. He consistently offers sound, practical, real-world advice based on his many years of experience. Without fail, Steve always provides outstanding value in all of his programs and courses. He's extremely generous with sharing his skills and expertise with his clients and is helpful and encouraging. I hold Steve in the highest regard and recommend his programs and services without reservation.”
— Ann Hasselquist
Never Worry About Getting Clients Again!
Steve has been a full-time B2B copywriter since the early 1990s. During that time, he’s worked with over 150 clients ranging from large clients, like UPS and Forbes, to smaller clients you might not be aware of.
His client-attraction methods work so well that in the 17+ years since he developed his system, he's never had to worry about getting clients — despite going through two recessions. He’s also helped dozens of copywriters like you build their businesses, too.
Steve says one thing he’s learned over the years is you need to be able to get and attract good clients consistently.
You must have some system in place for getting clients that’s easy for you to do and works consistently in attracting all the right types of prospects and clients right to your doorstep.
That’s why Steve is going to help you put such a system in place so, like him, you never have to worry about where your next project is going to come from.
You’ll have an enjoyable business because you’ll consistently attract great clients — clients that have plenty of work and will pay you the fees you want to be paid.
Steve Slaunwhite Calls It a “Winning Formula” Marketing Plan
It could be perfect for you because it’s:
- A “good fit” — meaning it will fit your personality (whether you’re shy, outgoing, or somewhere in-between) and it fits your resources (time and budget).
- Easy to do and manage — Steve will teach you to market your B2B copywriting services effectively — without you having to do any cold calling, hard selling, or anything else you may be uncomfortable with.
- Effective — It will get results (like leads and clients) fast. In this case, you can have paying clients within a few weeks. This is important because typically recommended strategies either take a long time or won’t work for all people. The techniques in this program truly do work for everyone.
At first glance, this might sound too good to be true. You might be thinking, “If it’s so easy, why doesn’t everyone do it?”
Well, the truth is …
All Successful Copywriters Do Have a “Winning Formula” Marketing Plan …
“I am working with Steve as my Business Consultant. He is an absolute expert in his field of copywriting and marketing — he knows all the ins and outs of building a business in this market. Plus, he is full of fresh ideas, as well as the ‘tried-and-true’ — basically, whatever you need to take you to the next level in your business. I truly feel I would not have made the progress in developing my business if I had not hired Steve to help me. Steve is also a very personable guy and great to work with! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who feels they could benefit from his services — you really can't go wrong with Steve!”
— Christine Loff
“Steve is an excellent teacher. His style is concise, relaxed, and interesting. I gained a great deal from his teachings and his books. And I left with real hands-on experience through the work that was assigned. Steve is a true expert in his field. Any copywriter could benefit from his suggestions.”
— JoAnn Attison
“I hired Steve as a copywriting coach for over a half-dozen phone sessions in 2007. His help has been invaluable in terms of expanding my own copywriting business — in terms of bringing in more clients, learning how to market myself properly as well as conquering some of my anxieties and fears. Steve answered every question I had with patience and expertise. I highly recommend his coaching and his courses!”
— Sharon Goldman
… Even if they don’t call it that.
Successful copywriters have one or two marketing techniques they use on a consistent basis to generate all the leads and clients they need. Their formula works for them. But … that doesn’t mean it will work for you.
That’s why Steve has put together this program introducing what he calls his “SUPER SIX” marketing techniques.
These techniques are the fastest way to get and attract B2B clients.
Once you know the SUPER SIX, you’ll choose just one or two of these techniques to make up your own “Winning Formula” Marketing Plan, which will be:
- Perfect for you, your business, and your personality.
- It won’t require you to do marketing that you’re uncomfortable with.
- You won’t need to embellish your experience level.
- You won’t have to pretend to be an expert.
- You don’t have to pick up the phone (if you don’t want to).
Plus, the plan you create will work easily … consistently … and quickly.
So quickly, in fact, that in less than three months, you can have your “Winning Formula” Marketing Plan in place and your schedule full of paying projects.
But first, just to make sure we’re on the same page, when I say B2B (or Business-to-Business), I mean companies that sell products or services to other companies.
Some examples of B2B companies are the businesses that sell …
- — Computer parts to computer manufacturers
- — Veterinary supplies to veterinarians
- — Professional kitchen utensils to restaurant chefs
- — Designs or printing for product packaging
- — Automotive parts to mechanics
- — Legal or accounting services to companies
Literally any company that sells anything to another company is a Business-to-Business company. Just think of the thousands of parts in your car alone. Behind each part is a company and a need for copy.
And, B2B isn’t just technical writing or writing about software. No matter what you’re interested in, you can find B2B companies in that niche so your work will always be interesting, exciting, and profitable.
Here’s a partial list of copy that B2B companies need on a regular basis and what they expect to pay:
- Case studies or product success stories in article format ($750-$2,000 for 500-1,000 words)
- White papers or special reports ($2,500-$5,000 for 5-10 pages or $3,500-$7,500+ for 10-15 pages)
- The home page of a website ($500-$750 for one page)
- In-depth product or service descriptions ($250-$500 each)
- Executive bios ($250-$500 each)
- Emails — such as a short stand-alone promotion or other announcements ($250-$750 each) … Long emails pay even more (between $500-$1,500 each)
- A newsletter article that's 500-750 words ($500-$1,000)
- Ghostwriting blog posts ($250-$500 per post)
- Product descriptions ($250-$500 per description)
- A long sales page or “landing” page to generate leads ($750-$2,000+)
- A promotional email to promote a white paper or other special offer ($250-$500 each)
The list could go on and on …
Plus, B2B is a huge $6.5 trillion industry. There are more than 8 million B2B companies just in North America. Many of them need a copywriter right now and would hire you in a heartbeat today …
That’s because almost all B2B companies need a large amount of marketing communications to sell their products and services. (The list above is a partial list of just what one company would need for one product or service.)
The huge size and need of the B2B industry might make it tempting to run out and try to get a client today, but … if you market your B2B copywriting business the same way you’d market to other niches, you’ll find yourself struggling.
Speak The Language of B2B Clients
To succeed as a B2B copywriter, you must know how to contact potential clients and speak their language. You MUST take the right approach or you won’t succeed in landing the best, highest-paying clients.
That’s because promoting copywriting services to B2B companies is different. If you try to promote yourself the way you would to a B2C (Business-to-Consumer) direct-response company, you won't get anywhere.
You just won’t be taken seriously in this market — at all.
B2B clients have different needs, different expectations, and a different sales process. For instance, B2B companies don’t usually accept “specs” and your typical 18-page sales letter samples won’t impress them.
You have to take a different approach with B2B clients.
That’s where Getting B2B Clients: How to Land Great Clients Fast in Just 6 Easy Steps comes in …
You’ve probably seen marketing courses before, but like I mentioned, marketing your B2B services is completely different … You need to know how to approach B2B companies and speak to them, exactly what to say, and how to say it, what they’re looking for when they hire a B2B copywriter and more.
That’s why Getting B2B Clients is not a general "getting clients" program.
Not Your Average “Getting Clients” Program
Getting B2B Clients focuses on how to get the best, highest-paying B2B clients …
And how to approach and work with B2B companies that suit your background, experience, and interests perfectly.
Getting B2B Clients does this in three unique and important ways:
1. This is obvious, of course … but it’s focused SOLELY on getting B2B copywriting clients.
This is really an important distinction, because, like I mentioned, there’s a big difference between getting B2B copywriting clients and getting B2C copywriting clients.
If you try to land B2B copywriting clients the same as you would a B2C copywriting client, you're doomed to fail. The rules are just different.
2. It’s focused on getting clients quickly.
“Having Steve as a coach has been fantastic! I’m just starting out, and I don’t like to think about where I’d be if I hadn’t had his expert guidance. It has probably saved me years of agony, time, and money. I can’t say enough about how much it has helped me.”
— Rebecca McKenzie
When you get this program, you might be tempted to download and work through the whole thing as quickly as possible. But, that’s not the way it was designed.
Instead, it includes assignments, templates, exercises, examples, and more. It’s a step-by-step, design-your-own-marketing-plan program and if you work through it correctly, you’ll land projects with new clients (usually within three months).
There are a lot of ways to promote yourself as a B2B copywriter — for example, you could try blogging, speaking, in-person networking, or social media — but these strategies take a long time to work and don’t work for everyone.
Instead, in this program, Steve will show you only the fastest, low cost, and no-cost methods of landing B2B clients quickly.
3. It’s focused on getting you GOOD clients.
It’s true: Your clients define the success of your business.
If you have great clients — that’s clients with plenty of work and willing to pay the fees you want to be paid — life is good. You're working with clients you like on the projects you enjoy and making the money you want …
But, if you have clients you don’t like — or clients that don’t pay well — life is miserable!
Very Different … Very Practical
“Based on my experience with Steve’s coaching, he knows a lot about different strategies for developing a successful solo business. One of the strategies Steve suggested for me was writing articles to gain visibility and credibility. Soon after I started working with Steve, I published an article in a prestigious publication read by marketers in exactly the niche I am pursuing.”
— D. Jay Coke
“Wanted to thank you once again for your invaluable coaching sessions. Over the last few weeks, the insights you shared with me are already having a very positive effect on my writing, prospecting, and quoting efforts.”
— Ed Gandia
As you can see, Getting B2B Clients is completely different from other marketing courses you may have seen or tried. But, it doesn’t stop there …
Getting B2B Clients is also a very practical program.
You won’t be bombarded with a lot of theories or suggestions that may or may not work. Instead, you’ll get practical strategies, instructions, and tips that Steve has proven over and over again with his own coaching students.
Plus, Steve will guide you through choosing and implementing marketing techniques that are natural and comfortable for you and your personality.
You’ll also get the exact templates, model letters and emails, ready-made scripts, and other tools you need to create your marketing strategy and get results quickly.
Steve calls the process in Getting B2B Clients, “Listen, Learn, Do, and Achieve.”
What he means by that is:
You Listen — This program is comprised of a series of audio recordings and a transcript for each recording. The best way to work through this program is to listen as you follow along in the transcript, but you can also listen in your car or while out for a walk.
You Learn — Steve guides you step-by-step through creating your unique marketing plan. This is the same proven process he uses with his coaching students and you can review it again and again.
You Do the Work — At the end of each lesson, there are assignments designed to build your business and help you implement your marketing strategy correctly and quickly. There are also worksheets, scripts, templates, and examples associated with each lesson.
And You Will Achieve the Results — You'll feel your business grow as you work through this program. By the time you finish, you’ll have a complete, personalized marketing plan in place and clients coming to you.
No … this isn’t a “passive” program.
You won’t simply sit and learn. You will work on your business throughout with Steve virtually by your side. The work you do will build the foundation that will enable you to attract clients consistently and easily.
Don’t Worry If You Know Nothing About Marketing Now
If you don’t know anything about marketing now, that’s okay. Steve will show you exactly — step-by-step — how to get B2B clients quickly, easily, and consistently.
And, remember, the marketing plan you create will be completely tailored to you and your personality.
Here’s just some of what Steve will teach you:
- Where to find “high-probability prospects” and how to find the right person to talk to and clients that have a need for copywriting.
- How to avoid common mistakes. For instance, the only wrong decision you can make when it comes to finding and contacting prospects.
- Trade secrets you must know to get in front of B2B clients. For example, sales managers are RARELY the right person to talk to regarding copywriting.
- How to focus your marketing so you use less time and energy to promote yourself and get clients. This means you can fit more billable hours into a day — or work fewer hours.
- Habits to develop now to make marketing easier later. (One habit you’ll learn is easy, takes just a few minutes each day, and will ensure you have a constant stream of new prospects.)
- How to create your core message — or brand — that drives all your communications so you get the immediate attention and interest of potential clients.
- And a whole lot more …
Like One-On-One Coaching From Steve
Getting B2B Clients is like having a personal coach on your side, helping you navigate the world of B2B clients.
Steve has a long history of success with B2B copywriters and clients.
In addition to creating the program called Secrets of Writing High-Performance B2B Copy, Steve also writes books, leads workshops, and personally mentors copywriters. His coaching packages start at $1,500.
“They say a good consultant provides 10 times the value of their fees, and Steve did that for me. I recently engaged Steve as a coach to help take my writing business to the next level. He instantly zeroed in on several key areas where I could restructure my services to provide more value to clients and raise my fees. I've known Steve as a colleague for years, and I've often said he's personable, helpful, insightful, and an all-around great guy. Now I can add something more to that list: He's a tremendous business coach, and I plan to engage him again in the near future.”
— Gordon Graham
Now you can get Steve’s same techniques, advice, templates, scripts, and ideas for just a fraction of that.
Getting B2B Clients is just $497.
And, because this program is focused exclusively on getting clients fast, you’ll quickly make back your investment.
"The average fee for a new project with a new client — a case study, white paper, website rewrite, etc. — is $2,500-$5,000. That means this program will pay for itself several times over when you land your first new project with a new client,” says Steve.
Just think, if Steve helps you land just one of these projects, you’ll get a great return on your investment here today. And, because you’ll learn how to get clients quickly, easily, and consistently, the projects will keep coming in.
Order Getting B2B Clients now and get started on your own “Winning Formula” Marketing Plan today.
Getting B2B Clients will also teach you …
“Steve is a fantastic business coach. He asks insightful questions and really listens to where you are now, and where you want to go, and helps you get there the fastest way possible. He offers great suggestions on how to do things, based on his years of experience, which cut your learning curve exponentially. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned marketer or freelancer, I highly recommend Steve’s coaching, and all his books and programs. You don’t lose any money with Steve’s help — you leap ahead. Thanks, Steve!”
— Lynda Goldman
“I am impressed by Steve's approach to marketing which has provided me with clear direction and options in developing my B2B copywriting business. Steve's coaching style is very personable and down to earth. If you are looking for an effective copywriting and marketing coach, Steve should be your first choice.”
— Richard Gilreath
- The one thing you can do to become more focused and motivated today — including step-by-step directions and samples to guide you.
- The first three pages of your website that a client will review before they decide to contact you, plus what to say on each page. Warning: If you mess this up, your potential client might choose another copywriter instead.
- Three mistakes most copywriters make on their freelance website and techniques to prevent lost opportunities.
- A simple way to relate your experience — no matter what it is — to your prospect’s needs so they understand why they must hire you.
- Steve’s 20-second method for catapulting your B2B copywriting business into success.
- The number one objective of your freelance website and exactly how to do it (including step-by-step directions and real-world samples).
- The single most important question your website bio must answer for your prospects. (It’s safe to say, if you leave this out, clients will rarely, if ever, contact you.)
- How to present your writing samples or exactly what to do if you don’t have any.
- The one surprising thing that two-thirds of clients do before contacting you — and how to increase your odds of impressing them.
- The exact wording you should use — either on the phone or through email — to get attention (and projects) from potential clients who always seem to be busy.
- The highest quality leads you can possibly get and the easy, fast way to get them.
- Exactly what to say when following up with new prospects — including sample emails and scripts — and how to eliminate the fear associated with “closing the deal.”
- How to stay in touch with prospects that will need your services later without coming across as annoying or desperate.
“I recently had the opportunity to talk with Steve about a marketing barrier I was facing. After just 20 minutes of conversation, he came up with 2 solid, fantastic ideas for me. Both of those ideas suit my business and my marketing style perfectly! In just minutes, he helped me see how I can take a fresh and fun new angle on my marketing efforts. I highly recommend Steve if you're a copywriter and you're stuck, spinning your wheels. Thanks, Steve!”
— Pam Foster
“Already a successful copywriter, my goal was to take my business to the next level. Steve gave me the tips, secrets, and inspiration I need to get there. I highly recommend his coaching program.”
— Casey Demchak
Plus, you’ll learn everything you need to know to deal with clients from discovery to paying project to repeat work, including:
- How to immediately and substantially increase your chances of converting a prospect into a paying client.
- The simple “magic line” you can say to prospects to get a positive response nearly every time. (Luckily this works via email and on the phone.)
- Which questions potential clients are likely to ask and exactly how to answer each one.
- The easiest and fastest ways to establish rapport with potential clients. This is useful so you’ll be the first person they think of when a new project comes up.
- What to do when a potential client goes “off script” and how to get the project anyway.
- A quick, easy, “stay in touch” strategy that works remarkably well and makes you seem both interesting and helpful.
- What to say and how to say it when discussing a potential new project with a prospect. Keep in mind: How you handle this situation determines whether or not you get the project and what you get paid.
- How to handle pricing and quoting like a pro so you get more projects at better prices.
- A simple strategy to make yourself indispensable to clients.
- How to turn one-time projects into loyal clients who send you repeat work for years and years.
- And, a whole lot more.
Everything You Need To Create Your “Winning Formula” Marketing Plan
Truly everything you need to create your perfect marketing plan is included in Getting B2B Clients.
And, remember, your plan will get you clients quickly, easily, and consistently — even if you never make a cold call or don’t have writing samples.
Plus, everything is recorded, transcribed, documented, and available for instant download so you can start right now, complete it at your own pace, and review each lesson as often as you need to.
And, there’s no risk!
“Over the past few years, I've invested a considerable amount of money into my continuing copywriting education. I've ordered and studied many courses from many different coaches in the industry. Of the many manuals and books that don the shelves in my office, Steve's materials are the ones that I refer to most often. Hands down. Steve offers very practical advice, tips, and instructions for copywriters, in a format that's always easy to follow and understand. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending Steve to any copywriter looking for a veteran coach of the business. I also recommend his books and courses, including ‘The Everything Guide to Writing Copy’, and ‘Secrets of Writing for the Business-to-Business Market’ program, which was written for American Writers & Artists Inc. (AWAI). Great stuff.”
— Michael Roach
Despite what you may have heard, you do not have to engage in painful marketing techniques to be successful as a B2B copywriter — and we’ll prove it at no risk to you.
Listen to the lessons, use the scripts and templates, get clients quickly, and …
Start making money!
If you don’t have your first paying client within 3 months, and just don’t think this is for you, let us know and we’ll give you your money back.
But, our guarantee doesn’t stop there … Getting B2B Clients is self-paced so if you need longer than 3 months, feel free to take it.
In fact, our guarantee gives you a full year. If within that year, you’re not happy for any reason, give Member Services a call and you’ll receive a full and immediate refund.
Or if you’d prefer to place your order by phone with someone in our office, please call our Member Services team toll-free at 1-866-879-2924 during regular business hours. (We’re in Florida, on Eastern Time.)
Remember, there’s nothing to lose and prospects are looking for a B2B copywriter like you right now.
American Writers & Artists Inc.
P.S. As you know, you’re not in business until you get clients. If that’s where you’re stuck, Getting B2B Clients is the answer.
It doesn’t just tell you how to create a “Winning Formula” Marketing Plan — it shows you … step-by-step … with real examples, templates, scripts, and more. It’s a complete toolkit for marketing your B2B copywriting business.
P.P.S. Like I mentioned earlier, the techniques in Getting B2B Clients have been proven to work over and over for Steve and his coaching clients. But, if you’re not satisfied for any reason, simply contact Member Services for a full refund. No questions asked.
American Writers & Artists Inc.
101 SE 6th Avenue, Suite A
Delray Beach, FL 33483
(561) 278-5557 or (866) 879-2924