A Special Birthday Present for You

Hi folks! Mindy Tyson McHorse here, taking over The Writer’s Life for the week — and stoked to be doing so.

Why?

Because today is my birthday (and I have a present I want to share!).

I’m like a little kid when it comes to my birthday. Love the cake, love the party, love kicking off a brand-new year.

I think that’s the real appeal — getting to start over with a fresh, unblemished year.

It’s a concept I learned from another high-earning web writer. She went through a divorce a few years ago during the summer.

The divorce was painful and bitter. It left her feeling empty.

After a few days of sulking, she decided to pick herself up from zero. She declared that day — right then and there — to be her “New Year’s Day.” July 22nd, I think it was. Like the real New Year’s Day, it was a chance to start over and get things right for a change.

That’s the same attitude I take with my birthday. Sure, January 1st wasn’t long ago … but I’ve made plenty of mistakes in the last two months (taken longer on projects than I wanted to, got behind on email, etc).

You don’t even have to make mistakes to want to start over. It’s the perfect time to piece together a fresh set of goals or maybe renew your sense of optimism (and in turn, become more productive).

So today, let’s start over. I invite you to use my birthday as your own restart button, especially as it relates to your freelance writing career.

This is also a great time to finally pick a niche if you haven’t or stop procrastinating and finish the Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting. Or maybe it’s time you step up and contact that dream client you’ve had your eye on.

At any rate, decide now that everything changes. If you’ve been on the fence about going forward with your writing dream, now’s the time to jump to the other side.

Don’t worry about any past slip-ups or missed goals. We’ve all been there — myself included.

In fact, the reason I was able to power through my hurdles and start again is because of the incredible people I turned to for advice — experts in the industry who taught me how to do better the next time around.

I reconnected with virtually all of those experts at AWAI’s Web Copywriting Intensive in San Diego last week — experts like Jay White, Steve Slaunwhite, and Heather Lloyd-Martin.

My writing has gotten a lot stronger since I first followed their guidance a few years ago. Regardless, they still wowed me with a host of new mind-blowing tips.

And that’s where the present I want to share comes in.

Right now, you can get access to those same mind-blowing tips for a discount of $800 off the regular price of the 2012 Web Copywriting Intensive Homestudy program. That’s a pretty steep discount for a program that is already worth every penny. Plus if you act now you’ll also receive a credit for $1,485 you can use toward any future Web Intensive.

So go ahead — press that restart button on your writing career. Start over now, today, and arm yourself with an arsenal of the most timely, easy-to-use, effective tips for online copywriting available. Click here for details.

AWAI Holiday Sale: Up to 75% Off AWAI’s Most Popular Programs

To help make 2018 your breakthrough year, we’re offering huge savings (up to 75% off!) on our hottest resources … Whether you want to learn how to write stronger copy, finally choose your niche once and for all, land your first client, or set yourself up to make 2018 your most profitable year yet!

But hurry! The sale only runs until December 14th at midnight. After that, everything’s back to regular price.

Access the Holiday Sale Here.

Published: March 5, 2012

12 Responses to “A Special Birthday Present for You”

1. Happy Birthday, Mindy!

I'm pressing the restart button on the time I get up. Since Nick's been home, we've been sleeping in. But, that's over, starting today! I'm starting over by getting up early every day!

Christina GillickMarch 5, 2012 at 12:43 pm

2. Love your idea of the reset button, Mindy! Definitely an idea I'll be adopting. My best wishes to you!

Kendy SproulMarch 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm

3. Mindy, as you know, I hit the restart button late last year, during a long bout with sickness.

I am hitting 2012 strongly in my niche: Social Media Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism. I have a new blog, which is complementary to my professional social media site, called Escape to Alberta - sharing the beauties of my province in stories and pictures - and I have two growing Facebook fan Pages - one for each of these websites.

Life is hectic, yet exhilarating, learning all the new changes that I will be teaching.

Ann Jordan-MillsMarch 6, 2012 at 5:01 am

4. Happy Birthday Mindy! I just recently lost my job due to salary cutbacks and have been trying to get serious about writing. It has only been two years since I realized that I am a writer. I really enjoy the energy that comes across in The Writer's Life and need that now more than ever as I continually soak up everything I can about writing well. Thanks to you and everyone else involved at AWAI for the much needed encouragement and the creative and informative ideas. Again, Happy Birthday!!!

DaleMarch 6, 2012 at 9:34 am

5. Happy Birthday, and many more. And thanks for the tip. I may put it to good use, for I have a birthday March 24.
    So happy for all who have made it in writing at home. I'm all fired up now, waiting for my new year.

Guest (Ruth)March 6, 2012 at 5:34 pm

6. Happy belated Birthday, Miss Mindy! Hope it was great for you. Thank you for wonderful advise. I need to push the reset button and get "restarted" in my new career! Thanks, again!

Guest (Karen C)March 7, 2012 at 2:31 pm

7. Happy Belated Birthday, Mindy! Talking about getting behind on emails! I decided a few weeks ago to reset the button on the Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting and finish it this year. Thanks for your encouraging words and great tips.

Blessed to WriteMarch 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm

8. Happy belated birthday Mindy! I hope that you had a most wondrous day! Thanks for the great advice. I'm revising my vitamin letter so that I can get the most out of the accelerated program. I am also putting the final touches to my web site and have decided that my niche will be the "going green and alternative energy" industry.

Guest (Richard)March 13, 2012 at 7:16 am

×
Save up to 75% on the Programs You Need to Set Yourself Up for Greater Success… Offers End Thursday, December 14th at Midnight!